Request Info


    3 Social Media Goals to Set in 2023

    It’s the start of a new year and with a new beginning comes plenty of opportunities to grow your social media presence. In today’s blog, we will go over our top 3 goals that we think your practice should be focusing on in 2023.

    Increase Your Engagement

    Engagement is how your audience interacts with your content. This could be a like on your post, or a share of your reel. It is any sort of action done on your post.

    Now increasing engagement numbers may seem daunting especially when social media algorithms are responsible to increase your organic engagement. However, there are a few things that you can do to ensure that you aren’t getting lost in your follower’s feeds.

    One of the first things that you can do is share engaging content. This means creating content that is both unique and relevant. There’s a good rule to creating content, you want to have 80% of your posts have an educational purpose that helps your followers solve a problem. The other 20% of your content will need to promote your business.

    Another way to increase your engagement is by strategically using hashtags. Hashtags make it easier for your audience to find your social media channels and content. Hashtags allow you to become more visible to users that go beyond your audience. We suggest using a mix of popular hashtags with more branded hashtags to extend your reach, gain more followers, and boost your engagement.

    Holding Contests

    Contests can help in different ways, from increasing engagement to boosting promotions and motivating your clients to schedule appointments with you.

    Running contests on your social media will push people to interact with your brand because they are trying to win a prize. Not only will your followers, likes, and overall engagement have a significant boost but as your followers are entering your contest, you are collecting important lead information to help broaden your customer base.

    If you are looking for help setting up a contest, check out our blog post on creating a social media contest.

    Bring Traffic to Your Website

    The number one thing that you can do to redirect traffic to your website is to increase your engagement and reach. There are many ways that you can achieve this but aiming for quality content and growing your brand familiarity are the best ways to do this. As we mentioned above, you can post regularly, interact with followers, and create eye-catching content.

    You’ll also want to focus on the platforms that can drive the most web traffic. Since your goal is to increase traffic from social media, it only makes sense to start by choosing the best platforms that can do this.

    Not surprisingly, Facebook is the top-performing platform when it comes to social media referrals. With the help of a business page, you can easily drive your audience from your Facebook page directly to your website for appointment booking.

    And finally, we recommend ensuring that a link to your website is on each of your social media profiles. Whether it’s in the information section or the bio of your page, you will want to include it somewhere so your patients can easily access your website when needed.


    There are many different goals that you can work towards this year, but we suggest starting small, making progress, and then setting up more goals. Each of these goals should target a different part of your social media strategy. They should each play a part in making sure that your social media is bringing in new patients to your practice.

    If you’re still having trouble figuring out how to work towards these goals or targeting another part of your strategy, reach out to the social team and they can better help you to achieve the right goals for your practice’s social media presence.

    —Marie Dubray, Social Media Specialist, Sesame Communications

    Learn More About Sesame

    request a demo

    Sesame is an industry leader in integrated, cloud-based marketing and patient-engagement solution designed exclusively for your practice. We know that effective patient communication is vital to the success of your practice and the efficiency of your team. With Sesame, you can take your practice to the next level, allowing you to concentrate on what’s really important – your patients!