It’s been over 17 years since Sesame Communications opened its doors. Since that first day, we’ve been pioneering new and innovative ways to help market practices in the dental industry. As all great companies do, we’ve had to change and grow according to the demand of the industry every year, and this year was no exception.
We like to call our staff the Sesa’meeps, and it’s been a good year to be on the Sesa’meep team. We’ve added new staff members from Member Services representatives to web designers to solutions advisors. To show our team some love, we brought in coffee and bagels on multiple occasions, had a Hawaiian shaved ice party, attended a Mariners game, hosted a Thanksgiving potluck, and plenty more. There is a rumored “Finer Things Book Club”, a committee to plan parties, and apparently, people here really love The Office. It’s great to work at a place where your colleagues become your friends.
With that said, 2018 was a year for the books! The Sesame team worked to deliver amazing features to help your practice stand out from the competition and enhance your practice’s efficiency. Let’s take a look at the product features we launched in 2018.
- Live Background – We noticed a demand for a change in the way websites were being created in this industry. This led us to introduce live backgrounds. Live backgrounds are a fancy way to say an 8-10 second video that is placed in the hero image section of your website. The benefits of a live background include keeping website visitors on your webpage which ultimately helps to boost your SEO.
- Tap to Text – In order to best serve our member base, we listen to their business struggles and try to find ways to help them. We established Tap to Text to create a way for website visitors to text your practice directly from your website to your Patient Communication system. Having patients cancel or change their appointments on the fly can be frustrating but being able to directly connect with them via text makes for happy patients and a full schedule!
- Sesame SEO – Take control of how you appear online! Our SEO service audits your online presence in maps, apps, directories, search engines, and social networks. Any incorrect information is updated and duplicate listings are actively suppressed. To find out how you appear online, we offer a complimentary scan of over 60+ directories. After you complete the scan, you’ll receive a report detailing the accuracy of your directory listings.
- Smart Feedback – Asking patients to leave 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc. can be difficult. We were eager to find a way to help make the process of asking for reviews easy-peasy. With that in mind, we created Smart Feedback. So now, you can send a post-appointment text message or email to your patients asking them to leave a review of your practice. And if your patient has a Gmail address, they will automatically be redirected to Google to post that review. Increasing your reviews on Google will help improve your SEO and increase your overall page ranking.
- Text Message Surveys – As you may have noticed, more patients are switching to text as their primary method of communication. To accommodate this trend, you can now send post-appointment surveys and ask for patient feedback via text message as well as email.
- Family Text Reminders – We know you love the ability to send a single reminder for multiple appointments that are scheduled on the same day. In support of our commitment to helping you reach your patients, we have extended this functionality to text messages as well. If a single-family has multiple appointments, you can now send one text message reminder that includes all associated appointments.
If you haven’t talked to a Sesame Solutions advisor about our latest features, we highly recommend reaching out! Our team is here to listen to your needs and help find the best solution for you and your practice. We hope you had a wonderful 2018 and can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store for you, your practice and Sesame!
—Alexis Mallos, Senior Marketing Manager, Sesame Communications