People are drawn to photos. When it comes to Social Media the phrase “A picture is worth a thousand words” rings true, particularly when it comes to Instagram. Instagram has skyrocketed to the #3 most used Social Media platform worldwide in 2016, with over 500 million active monthly users. If you’re looking to get your brand in front of prospective patients, Instagram is now the way to do just that.
Here are five suggested ways your practice can use Instagram:
- A Perfect 10: Are you currently only sharing one photo at a time on your profile? With a recent update, Instagram now lets you put up to 10 photos in one post. This is great for when you have multiple photos to share from an office event! This feature works to your advantage, as it ensures that you’re not oversaturating your follower’s feed by posting multiple photos one after the other.
- Videos: Becoming a master of photo sharing on Instagram is great, but you also need to focus on posting video content. You can do this by sharing videos on your Instagram story, making a mini video that plays forwards and backwards with Boomerang, or posting a clip right on your newsfeed.
- Hashtag, Hashtag, Hashtag: If you don’t know what a #hashtag is, check out our blog post: #DIY With Your Own Practice Hashtag. Posts on Instagram that use 11+ hashtags receive nearly 80% more interaction, compared to 22% when using 10 hashtags, and 41% when using only two.
- Show Them Your Moves: Be creative! Instagram is one of those platforms where you are doing more showing than telling. Your followers want to see what you’re up to in the office. We encourage you to post funny moments, staff anniversaries, community service days, and more!
- It’s SOCIAL Media After All: Once you get acclimated to Instagram, have fun with it! Reply to your followers comments and thank them for the nice things they say. Follow a few local businesses and like their photos. Show everybody a day in the life using Instagram stories. It’s up to you to showcase how awesome your office is!
It can seem daunting to try and keep up with all of these new Social Media platforms, but Instagram’s continued growth makes it critical that you stay on top of it. The power is now in your hands to create a profile and start establishing your brand!
Our Sesame Social team is always available to help you come up with a strategy to get your Instagram page rolling!
References: Hubspot Blog