Do you want to be efficient with your Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing budget? Of course you do! There are a few basic rules for setting up campaigns specifically with the nuances of your practice in mind.
This blog post covers selecting PPC keywords and how to use keyword research to cater to your business. Picking the right paid advertising keywords can help ensure ads display for your target audience, mainly new patients.
Here is the thought process a general dentist may go through:
A. What services do I offer?
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Emergency Dentistry
- General Dentistry
B. Does my budget cover all the keywords in these campaigns?
- Maybe, but I want to focus most of my budget on a specific service.
C. What service(s) do I want to focus ad spend on?
- Cosmetic Dentistry. I have a lot of patients seeking restoration services.
A. Cosmetic Dentistry
- I have quality content on my website for implants, veneers, crowns and teeth whitening.
- My top service is veneers, but I would like to see more patients for implants and its very competitive in my area. Let’s focus on these two pages plus general cosmetic keywords.
- “best cosmetic dentist,” “cosmetic dentistry,” “cosmetic dental practice,” “find a cosmetic dentist” and “family cosmetic dentistry” are all general phrases a prospective patient looks for if they didn’t know what they are targeting specifically.
- I have a full landing page that discusses the benefits of veneers.
- I have a lot of experience in this service and could easily drive traffic to my landing page with a compelling ad.
- “cosmetic dentistry veneers,” “dental veneers,” “porcelain veneers,” “teeth veneers,” “tooth veneers cost,” and “Saturday appointment veneers” are all top phrases for veneers in any given area and provide a great start.
- I have a full landing page that discusses the benefits of implants.
- I would like to start pushing this service but it’s very competitive in my area.
- I have decided to run a promotion around implants.
- “affordable dental implants,” “discount dental implants,” “best implant dentist,” “dental implants,” “cosmetic dental implants,” “cost of dental implants,” “dental implant specialists,” “dental implant surgery,” “one-day dental implants,” “full dental implants” and “Saturday appointments implants” are all top phrases for implants in any given area and a great start.
As you can see, keywords are about marrying what you offer with what a patient is looking for. If your budget is tight you will need to be selective with your offers to stay competitive.
If you are running your own campaign start with general keywords and then use Google’s competitive keyword research tool to tailor your targeting to your area’s searches.
However, if you are using Sesame’s PPC service we will do this work for you! Our keyword research is tailored around your service priorities, budget, geographic area, content, and promotions.
We are always happy to help you adjust your campaigns dynamically as your business needs change. After you choose your keywords it’s time to work on ad copy and targeting in order to achieve great results!
—Rebekah McBride, Senior SEO Specialist, Sesame Communications