Working under the direction of the Finance and Sales Operations Manager, the Finance Support Specialist will manage Accounts Receivable, including the collection of aged account balances, will be the first point of contact for finance and billing inquiries, and will assist the Finance Department with projects and duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage Accounts Receivable by contacting customers when invoices age beyond acceptable terms
- This will involve reaching out to aged accounts via phone and/or email
- Maintain a collections contact database to be reviewed with the Controller as well as Finance and Sales Operations Manager on a weekly basis
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding billing via email or phone communication
- Support Staff Accountant with necessary billing assistance as needed
- Support Contracts Administrator by reviewing sales opportunities, generating contracts, and sending contracts via DocuSign as needed
- Support Controller and Finance Manager with G&A Department projects by supplying necessary research, creating spreadsheets or other support needed for project completion
- Ensures the appropriate filing and maintenance of accounting records and inputs data into financial systems and ensures reconciliation of reports. In addition, this position creates and produces reports and assists team members on special projects as necessary
- Assist in various administrative accounting tasks
- Associate’s degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree in a business discipline where significant accounting and/or finance course work was completed.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Salesforce is a strong plus.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, or a finance/accounting related position.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal/business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from advocates, managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percents. Ability to compute, create, and present reports as required.