Sesame Communications is seeking a stellar Production Artist to join our team. In this position you will use your expertise in HTML5 and CSS3 to write standards-compliant code.You will also use expertise in Photoshop to create social media assets. The Production Artist is also responsible for creating website graphics as needed, communicating with clients and other departments to clarify website edit requests, and perform Quality Assurance work on other Production Artists’ website edits. This is a front-end position that does not require full-stack experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Perform revisions to client site designs and website builds
- Create a backup of files prior to performing revisions
- Work closely with Member Services department to clarify edit requests from clients
- Communicate professionally with clients via email and occasionally via phone to clarify edit requests
- Answer questions from other departments about feasibility, time estimates, and scope of edit requests, as well as platform limitations
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, served from a ticket queue, delivering standards-compliant work, on-time
- Adhere to the defined design and development standards as set by team management
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience developing web sites in CSS3 and HTML5
- Understanding of responsive design and how to troubleshoot errors using Chrome DevTools
- Experience working with PHP a plus, though PHP experience is not required
- Must be able to troubleshoot and fix issues surrounding browser and OS compatibility issues
- Must be proficient working with Photoshop, with an understanding of image optimization, shape layers, and smart objects. Must be able to manipulate Photoshop documents and extract graphics from proofs.
- Able to edit and customize CSS and HTML using a text editor
- Capable of using FTP program to transfer files
- Comfortable working on Windows or Macintosh platforms